Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Railfan Technology > Adobe Raw Converter- FYI

Date: 11/14/14 15:01
Adobe Raw Converter- FYI
Author: robj

Maybe a followup to DVD post earlier.

New camera so subscribed to cloud and found latest RAW converter is not automatically included. When I downloaded it(8.7) there was note on operating systems no longer covered, Windows up to and including Vista no longer supported. Luckily I installed cloud on supported machine, not my Vista.

Working on the dreaded windows 8.1 but hey, easy compared to OS360 I used as school, at least no punch cards.

Bob Jordan

Date: 11/15/14 05:58
Re: Adobe Raw Converter- FYI
Author: march_hare

Hey, some tech-savvy person answer me this:

How many punch cards would it take to contain the information in a single JPEG, say 5mb?

Date: 11/15/14 11:43
Author: fbe

Windows 10 will be out in 1Q 2015, you might want to upgrade Vista or the computer then. There might be great Christmas sakes on Win8.1 laptops with free or discounted coupons for the Win 10 upgrades. I don't know why they skipped Win 9 but early reviews of Win 10 are encouraging and it is fast.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 11/16/14 14:52
Author: robj

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Windows 10 will be out in 1Q 2015, you might want
> to upgrade Vista or the computer then. There might
> be great Christmas sakes on Win8.1 laptops with
> free or discounted coupons for the Win 10
> upgrades. I don't know why they skipped Win 9 but
> early reviews of Win 10 are encouraging and it is
> fast.
>
> Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Hear they wanted to get far away from Windows 8,so skipped 9. Think upgrading the win 8 to 10 a good idea.
Maybe it is a good idea to leave the old Vista computers alone, drivers for scanner, printer etc on that, hate to find out what no longer works???

Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/14 14:54 by robj.

Date: 11/16/14 20:43
Author: clem

Traditional punch cards hold 80 bytes (80 columns, 1 byte per column). So 62,500 cards.

Date: 11/16/14 23:00
Author: fbe

Bob,

A lot depends upon what the CPU will handle. You might be able to upgrade this to Win XP but since MS no longer support this you would have to look around for third parties with the 4 service packs to finish the install. A lot of the Vista drivers will probably work in XP.

I know what you mean about the PITA bringing up all the drivers to a new OS. The good news is a lot of the upgraded drivers are now part of the OS upgrades and while the install is going on the computer will match them up for use.

Stay warm.

Date: 11/20/14 14:20
Author: BCutter

clem Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Traditional punch cards hold 80 bytes (80 columns,
> 1 byte per column). So 62,500 cards.

And how many of you remember the punch cards you could use in the field, punching the correct chads out in each column with a hand punch? Took a while but was way quieter than a whole group of undergrads working in the keypunch room!

Bruce

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds