Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Railfan Technology > 4K projectors

Date: 11/15/14 11:49
4K projectors
Author: fbe

If you have $15K burning a hole in your pocket here is an idea so you do not have to throw away so many pixels from your 20+ mpix cameras.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1013902-REG/sony_vpl_vw600es_4k_home_theater.html

If you check this out on the Sony site you will find it is not fully portable and the projection bulb begs for an led upgrade.

No, not at my house unless I find a 90% discount coupon in my mail.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 11/17/14 12:09
Re: 4K projectors
Author: Labby

Probably you are amazed, like the rest of us, at the cost of the projector. If you really desire 4K, simply buy a 4K television and send your picture files from your laptop to the tv through the correct HDMI cable. In a room with 50 people, a 2K system is so good, why bother with anything else right now.

Date: 11/17/14 14:13
Re: 4K projectors
Author: fbe

I am interested in portability. Not that many years ago we were promised flexible OLED screens which could be rolled into a tube for transport with a 60" size selling for $2K or so. It seems OLED TVs are trailing behind the forecast at this point.

It only gets better, though.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds