Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Railfan Technology > New (Nikon) .nef files not read-able

Date: 11/26/14 23:46
New (Nikon) .nef files not read-able
Author: Auburn_Ed

PSE-11, ACDsee Pro-6, and Picasa won't read .nef files from my D-750. How long would one expect to wait before an update is available to read files from the Nikon D-750? Are updates available from places other than Adobe or Google? Have not had this problem before.

Ed

Date: 11/27/14 05:09
Re: New (Nikon) .nef files not read-able
Author: fbe

For the PSE-11 you will probably need to go to Adobe online and download the current version of Adobe Camera Raw and replace the version of ACR you have now. It is all free but follow the installation instructions carefully.

Really nice camera, eh?

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 11/27/14 05:22
Author: WrongMain

You might be slightly ahead of the technology curve with your D750, but Apple's Aperture updated compatiblity for the D750 back on November 14.

Date: 11/27/14 06:28
Author: ddavies

Adobe has a DNG converter that can read the 750 files, which is what I am using.

Date: 11/27/14 08:39
Author: robj

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the PSE-11 you will probably need to go to
> Adobe online and download the current version of
> Adobe Camera Raw and replace the version of ACR
> you have now. It is all free but follow the
> installation instructions carefully.
>
> Really nice camera, eh?
>
> Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

I have a 750.
Right, there was a Beta release and now a final release(CR8.7 ???) but.... what I think I read it is not supported for Vista and before???.
When it was a beta it would not download automatically with the cloud and other updates?? but should now.

https://photographylife.com/

The above site/blog usually has some very good information about new cameras, PS, photography etc.

As an aside, I broke down and went on the cloud, for 9.95 you stay up to date. Contrary to my misconception, the software is on your computer,
you do not have to be online.

Of course for the short term, what I did was shoot raw plus jpg, I could have the files available and eventually have the RAW to work on.

Bob Jordan

Date: 11/27/14 13:08
Author: SN711

When I got my D600 two years ago now, I had to upgrade my PS Elements to the newest release (10) and download the DNG converter to read the D600 NEF photos. After awhile, there was a update available through Adobe that allowed Elements 10 to be able to read the NEF files without using the DNG converter. My computer determined that this update was available for PS Elements 10 when I signed into my Adobe account for Shutterfly. It took me awhile afterwards to realize that the DNG conversion was no longer necessary.

I suspect Adobe will catch up and an update will be available for the D750 that will bypass the need to use the DNG.

Gary

Date: 11/27/14 14:49
Author: redneckrailfan

Auburn_Ed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PSE-11, ACDsee Pro-6, and Picasa won't read .nef
> files from my D-750. How long would one expect to
> wait before an update is available to read files
> from the Nikon D-750? Are updates available from
> places other than Adobe or Google? Have not had
> this problem before.
>
> Ed

As far as Photoshop Elements goes you will have to upgrade to the current version PSE13, you are two releases behind using PSE11 and ACR will not be updated in that version to support the most recent cameras such as your D750.

Bryan Jones
Brooks, KY
Bryan's Train Photos

Date: 11/27/14 20:48
Author: Auburn_Ed

Well, I downloaded the Adobe .png converter. so I guess for a while I will be working with that format. Should do everything that a .nef file would, right?

Ed

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0431 seconds