Home Open Account Help 241 users online

Railfan Technology > How to post a "proshow" presentation

Date: 12/05/14 15:20
How to post a "proshow" presentation
Author: hoggerdoug

I have a proshow presentation, about 153 meg, that I would like to post. I have tried, but it is not accepted as format. Tried several ways and it is not accepted. Any thoughts greatly appreciated, Doug

Date: 12/05/14 19:40
Re: How to post a "proshow" presentation
Author: jkh2cpu

I would suspect that your presentation will need to be in a format that
TO can handle. What format is it right now?

John.

Date: 12/06/14 05:32
Author: hoggerdoug

Basically it is a slide show, jpeg and avi clips, done on proshow gold program. Doug

Date: 12/06/14 05:47
Author: jkh2cpu

Let's see: it needs to be one of these formats:

Valid attachments: jpg, avi, dv, mov, qt, mpeg, mp4, m4v, 3gp, asf, wmv, flv

I'm guessing that it's not, so it needs to be converted to one of these
formats, or redone in one of them.

John.

Date: 12/06/14 07:36
Author: Sneebly

I will make a guess that it is too long a show for TO to post. I think the limit is 6 minutes. I have created several proshow's which are too long for TO to post so I have put them on youtube and the proshow site.

Sneebly

Date: 12/11/14 00:49
Author: Evan_Werkema

hoggerdoug Wrote:

> I have a proshow presentation, about 153 meg, that
> I would like to post.

What output format are you using to create the show? For Trainorders, it needs to be rendered video, so "PC Executable" will not work, and neither will "Web Show." The "Video File" output option will give you a rendered video. The following silent, thrown-together test show featuring the Santa Cruz and Monterey Bay Ry. "Train to Christmastown" from last year was created using the "DVD" preset in the Video File output dialog (see screen grab), which creates an MPEG2 file that is Trainorders-friendly so long as you manually change the file extension from .mpg to .mpeg . As another fellow mentioned, if your show is over 6 minutes long or 410 MB, Trainorders won't take it, and unfortunately rendered video files get big in a hurry. My silent, low-def, 32 second effort is already 37 MB. The high-def version is 239 MB.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0553 seconds