Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Railfan Technology > Trouble up Loading Video

Date: 02/14/15 08:16
Trouble up Loading Video
Author: mearsksealand

I am having trouble up loading a video to Trainorders.

I attach the file and the response is getting data but it never shows percentage nor does it attach.

My video is in MOV and Trainorders accepts that format

Any assitance would be appreciated

Dale Smith

Date: 02/14/15 20:29
Re: Trouble up Loading Video
Author: cchan006

What browser are you using to upload the video? (For example, Internet Explorer?)

Date: 02/15/15 07:45
Author: hoggerdoug

I had similar issue couple of months ago. Internet Explorer would not complete nor attach the video. Never had that problem before and it seems to have resolved. Used Netscape Navigator for uploading, never any problems. Computers and software can be quirky at times and seem to repair themselves. Doug

Date: 02/15/15 21:23
Author: cchan006

hoggerdoug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had similar issue couple of months ago. Internet
> Explorer would not complete nor attach the video.
> Never had that problem before and it seems to have
> resolved. Used Netscape Navigator for uploading,
> never any problems. Computers and software can be
> quirky at times and seem to repair themselves.
> Doug

Hehe. They don't repair themselves. Sometimes, fixes sneak in through the periodic "security updates." This way, the software company doesn't have to admit their product had bugs, but instead, your product is getting better for free! (yeah, right)

Back to the problem at hand, here's a thread from 2 years ago, discussing video upload problems with Internet Explorer:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?9,2928371

My workaround (not a fix) was to use another browser to upload videos, either Firefox or Opera. I noticed an interesting problem there, too. When Opera is in "Turbo" mode, using caching for slower network speeds, the % uploaded status did NOT update. However, the uploads still completed successfully. I opened the Task Manager (Windows) to study the network activity to make sure the upload didn't stop.

Unfortunately for Internet Explorer (IE), even when the upload is finished (based on the Task Manager), something happens where IE is unable to communicate with Trainoders site to say the upload was successful. I gave up trying to fix this problem, but based on Opera's behavior, it might have to do with IE's caching algorithm. If there's a way to disable it on IE, then the uploads might work.

So IE "fixing itself" might have something to do with how the caching algorithm (or its default settings) changed between security updates. That's just my humble guess.

Date: 02/17/15 10:10
Author: webmaster

Your problem could also be caused by network congestion between you and our server. If data gets lost in between the upload will fail. FTP has error correction, but http does not. These problems often resolve themselves.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0595 seconds