Home Open Account Help 239 users online

Railfan Technology > ATCS

Date: 03/16/15 10:08
ATCS
Author: bhphotography

I was trying to use ATCS to monitor berea and points west but nothing is coming in on the dispatcher disply, i tried contacting railstream but i got no response.

Brandon Hughes
Sheffield Lake, OH
Brandon.H.Photography

Date: 03/16/15 11:51
Re: ATCS
Author: RyanWilkerson

Hi Brandon,
Are you seeing data streaming in (the data view, not dispatcher display)?

Not sure if this pertains to you but there was a Windows Update that caused display problems in ATCS Monitor. If you have this one installed, it might be the issue. If you search on the number, you'll find a lot of discussion on the topic:
KB3006226

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 03/16/15 12:24
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

For many months, this Windows Update did
cause problems. But after that, there was a
new Windows Update that fixed those problems.

This was talked about on the "ATCSMon" Yahoo Group.
Do not have the URL for that discussion right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/15 12:25 by Margaret_SP_fan.

Date: 03/16/15 14:36
Author: davebb71

if the 6226 update is installed, the dispatcher's display might look weird too, like all of the switches will be set for diverging and the red and green line will appear at random spots. hope this helps. dave, out.

Date: 03/16/15 22:18
Author: railnuts

Are u seeing anything on the dispatchers display? Im looking at it right now and everything is working fine.

The western side of the NKP from Vermillin to Elmwood is lit real good tonite along with CP's 233,222,216 and 212 r showing too.

Only issues lately is from CP 197 to Ram isn't always lit up. Don't know whats happen there but i suspect it maybe a server issue

The other end is lit just fine to, 37th St, CP 117,116,114,112 r all showing along with the Cloggsville area right to Rockport

Fred

Date: 03/17/15 08:26
Author: RFandPFan

Margaret_SP_fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For many months, this Windows Update did
> cause problems. But after that, there was a
> new Windows Update that fixed those problems.
>
> This was talked about on the "ATCSMon" Yahoo
> Group.
> Do not have the URL for that discussion right now.

Margret is correct. After the Windows update I would get an error message repeatedly on the Dispatcher Display...a real pain. But a few months later the new update came in and this no longer happens.

If you continue to have problems, having been in ATCS for many years, I can tell you the best solution if often to remove and then reinstall the program. It seems to fix a lot of issues.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0338 seconds