Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Railfan Technology > Nikon Coolscan V ED or LS50 help and info

Date: 03/22/15 18:06
Nikon Coolscan V ED or LS50 help and info
Author: dt8089

Recently my Nikon LS50 slide scanner developed a hardware issue.  I called Nikon support leaving a message and they returned my call the next day.  I was surprised to find that they still service the scanners but only till the end of July this year.  Attached is the reply letter from Nikon with links for troubleshooting and repair locations.  According to the reply I got is that it will cost me $275.00 to $325.00 to have the scanner repaired and put into like new factory condition.  I shipped mine out on Friday to their New York location (Those west of the Mississippi River would send yours to their California location).  I felt it was cheaper to get it repaired than looking for another one.  Hopefully I'll get another few years use out of it.  They were surprised to learn that mine worked fine on the Windows 7 platform for they said there was no support for that Operating System.  Thought I'd just pass this along to others thinking about getting their scanners worked on.  Happy Scanning.  Dan Tracy
[table]As we discussed, Nikon Factory Service in Melville, New York, is still able to provide service on the COOLSCAN V. The service period is expected to end in July of this year. You can find service information at this address: [].

Our hardware troubleshooting steps for COOLSCAN scanners can be found here: [].

Since you are running Nikon Scan on an unsupported OS we can't rule out software as the cause of the problem. It may help to test your scanner on third party software such as Vuescan (www.hamrick.com) or Silverfast (www.silverfast.com). If the problem does not exist in either of those programs then we know that Nikon Scan compatibility is the issue. The system requirements for Nikon Scan are posted here: [].

If you have any questions please update this incident online or call us at 1-800-NikonUS.

Thanks,
Catherine
Nikon Support [/table]

Date: 03/28/15 15:55
Re: Nikon Coolscan V ED or LS50 help and info
Author: ACR_Ted

Do you have the phone numbers and/or other contact info? Your post doesn't show them :)

My ED4000 has developed a problem and I'd like to get it fixed if at all possible.

Thanks!

Ted

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0308 seconds