Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Railfan Technology > Slides, some old ones

Date: 05/11/15 10:09
Slides, some old ones
Author: wa4umr

It,'s a common subject here about slides vs digital, film vs digital, print flim vs slides, etc...  A friend sent me this link and said I would probably be interested in the "train pictures."  He was partially right.  I liked looking at them plus all the others in the collection.  They are all slides from the 1930s and 1940s.   There is a group starting at #46 that are railroad related but if you look at some of the others,  there are railroads in the background or a part of the picture.  These are quality examples of life 70 or 80 years ago.  I wondered if some of the kids were still around and what they were doing today.

The conversations about how long we'll be able view our digital images will continue as we go through newer and different formats but these images will still be viewable for years with an old and realitively simple technology.  I'm not trying to stir the pot again.  I just wanted to share a small gift that was given to me to view.

http://extras.denverpost.com/archive/captured.asp

John

Date: 05/11/15 20:22
Re: Slides, some old ones
Author: Auburn_Ed

ALL also available on Shorpy in High Resolution.

Ed

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds