Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Railfan Technology > Scanner Question, again.

Date: 05/15/15 16:13
Scanner Question, again.
Author: ns2557

In reading alot of the posts here about film/slide scanners I pretty much have decided on getting one to start digitizing my collection. One thing I have not been able to discern is, Is there a scanner available that one can scan larger negatives, like 2 1/4 sq, or 120, and larger up to 4x5 size?  Thanks for any input, Ben

Date: 05/15/15 16:35
Re: Scanner Question, again.
Author: trainjunkie

Plustek OpticFilm 120 will do it. Some flatbeds as well like the Epson V700/V750.

http://plustek.com/usa/products/opticfilm-series/opticfilm-120/

Date: 05/15/15 19:17
Author: Frisco1522

I've been using an Epson V700 for several years and am extremely happy with it.   I've scanned old B&W negs up to 5x7 with excellent resutls.  It will scan up to 8x10 negs/transparencies.

Date: 05/18/15 07:27
Author: Auburn_Ed

I frequently use an Epson 4490 PHOTO, available on eBay for around fifty dollars.  Does most everything listed above.

Ed

Date: 05/19/15 09:16
Author: colehour

Auburn_Ed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I frequently use an Epson 4490 PHOTO, available on
> eBay for around fifty dollars.  Does most
> everything listed above.
>

I've had my 4490 for about 7 years and it seems to do a reasonably good job. 

Date: 05/19/15 10:52
Author: TCnR

In summary, again, it boils down to how much money will support digitizing the collection, or archiving the collection. The Flatbed scanners seem to be very useful for a wide range of formats and easy on the pocket book. The question about file size and resolution seems to be the variable.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds