Home Open Account Help 269 users online

Railfan Technology > Video editing

Date: 06/16/15 07:54
Video editing
Author: mully

Just started really shooting some video and was wondering on what others were using to do video editing?

Thanks
Gary

Date: 06/16/15 10:51
Re: Video editing
Author: Jason-Rose

Pinnacle Studio 17

It takes a little bit to learn, but works well and has a lot to offer.

Jason Rose
Spring, TX
Rio Grande Explorations

Date: 06/16/15 11:16
Author: defect_detector

Adobe Premiere Pro.

Date: 06/16/15 11:53
Author: mully

Does it do photos also?

Gary

defect_detector Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Adobe Premiere Pro.

Date: 06/16/15 13:53
Author: RFandPFan

Windows Live Movie Maker.  Very simple and user-friendly.

Date: 06/16/15 16:04
Author: RyanWilkerson

Sony Vegas Studio (I think it's v11). Under $50 when I bought it a few years ago and it burns BluRays nicely.

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 06/17/15 03:54
Author: jkh2cpu

In linux, I use kdenlive from git, with dependencies also from git:
I'm up-to-date :-)

John.

Date: 06/17/15 18:28
Author: norm1153

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 (no upgrade here to the CC subscription model), and occasionally Edius Pro 7.5 (Grass Valley).  Edius is not a bad alternative and slightly cheaper.  Both do anything up to and including 4K.  I bought Edius because it is easier to work with for 3D video.  I gave up on 3D video for now, awaiting future developments. 

Dunno if anyone is interested in 3D video, but what I learned the hard way, is that for our hobby, no single camcorder that shoots 3D is acceptable due to the fact that the two lenses are much too close together to get the 3D effect on subjects as far away as what we shoot.  One has to purchase a Stereo Base Extender.  Add $500 or more to your 3D camcorder just for that.  I'm thinking of maybe getting a Sony DEV-50, but we'll see.  No manufacturer is offering any current 3D camcorders that I'm aware of.  The DIY people have foraged ahead by using 2 camcorders synced together, and mounted on a homemade assembly.  But even then, the final obstacle which affects the entire 3D audience, is the need to wear glasses, either passive or active.  There are some glases-free TV developments going on, and that eventually may be what re-ignites the 3D market.

Date: 07/09/15 16:39
Author: pedrop

I use Power Director 12. Very ggod.

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.031 seconds