Home Open Account Help 263 users online

Railfan Technology > blurry viewfinder

Date: 06/24/15 15:00
blurry viewfinder
Author: symph1

I have a Canon Power Shot S5IS, and suddenly the view through the viewfinder has turned quite blurry. I'm not talking about the flip-open large viewfinder, which is fine. I'm talking about the small one that's like the viewfinder of an SLR. The pictures come out fine.

Oddly enough, this happened while I was riding a Cascade out of Portland.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Date: 06/24/15 15:15
Re: blurry viewfinder
Author: jkh2cpu

I don't know about Canon, but Nikon has a wheel that adjusts
the focus/diopter of the viewfinder. Sounds like yours got bumped.

HTH.

John.

Date: 06/24/15 15:26
Author: TCnR

Happens quite often.
Sometimes if the camera gets leaned on or pressure exerted in the veiwfinder area that happens. Also when loaning or borrowing a camera and forgetting about that feature.
But it could be something else, maybe moisture foggy the inner optics. Let us know what you find.

jkh2cpu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know about Canon, but Nikon has a wheel
> that adjusts
> the focus/diopter of the viewfinder. Sounds like
> yours got bumped.
>
> HTH.
>
> John.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/15 15:27 by TCnR.

Date: 06/25/15 20:11
Author: symph1

Thanks for the advice. You're right, it was the diopter. Until your suggestion, I'd never head the word, let alone knew my camera had one. Further inquiry took me here, http://digital-photography-school.com/using-diopter-adjustment/. Interesting page. Anyway, thanks again.

Date: 06/28/15 16:43
Author: ssw

I recently got a new prescription for glasses that was a bit different. First time I had the DSLR up I realized that "Hey, this is pretty blurry" - looked at the LCD preview and it was sharp. Scratched my head for just a second and remembered the Diopter. Quick adjustment and I was back to being in focus again. :)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds