Home Open Account Help 388 users online

Railfan Technology > Best compact, light weight, affordable tripod for international

Date: 07/12/15 15:26
Best compact, light weight, affordable tripod for international
Author: CCT41

All,
looking for a compact, light weight, affordable tripod for international travel. I have a small Gitzo, but it is too heavy, and I do not need a carbon fibre tripod. Looking for a inexpensive ( under $100) light weight set of legs I can mount my Arca Swiss ball head too.

any recommendations ?

John Black

Date: 07/12/15 16:35
Re: Best compact, light weight, affordable tripod for internation
Author: trkinsptr

John, I have a Velbon Chase EFL-4 that takes separate tripod heads that is what you are looking for. However It may not be in production anymore. CJ

Date: 07/13/15 12:20
Author: CCT41

I went with the Slik Pro340DX. $79.95 from B&H

Date: 07/21/15 13:26
Author: PERichardson

Bean bag has always worked for me, although not for things like night work.  Plus now and then nothing high enough to rest the camera and bag on.   Another thing I discovered for photo lines on steam charters and the like, rather than bring a ladder, I stop at a Home Depot and buy a paint bucket for $5 and use that to gain height in the photo line.   Then leave it at the motel at end of trip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/15 13:27 by masterphots.

Date: 07/22/15 07:55
Author: colehour

You might look at the Eagle Optics site. I've purchased a scope and binoculars from them, and they are very helpful and reliable. When I last looked at the site some months ago they had a good selection of tripods. 

Date: 07/23/15 09:36
Author: shortliner

Something from Manfrotto, like this may suit you  eBay item number:33145605047

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0655 seconds