Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Railfan Technology > Photoshop question

Date: 08/09/15 09:48
Photoshop question
Author: PERichardson

What's the latest Photoshop elements?   All I want is the basic simple version, like my old PS Elements 6.  Just curious what you all think.  Thanks

Date: 08/09/15 10:22
Re: Photoshop question
Author: LarryDoyle

My hard drive crashed two week or so ago, I had been running ver. 8.0. 

Finally got a new 1 Tb hard drive installed but couldn't resurrect 8.0, so yesterday I downloaded ver. 13 for $49.95, rather than go to the "cloud".

First impression:  I think I've LOST functionality, as far as organization capabilities.  Seems they're stressing using albums for organization, rather than keywords, tags, and sub-categories.  Probably OK if you're starting fresh, but I had 15,000+ pictures already organized, and am trying to figure out a simple way to rearrange them in a heirarchy as I used to.

-John

Date: 08/09/15 10:48
Author: PERichardson

I've never used it for anything other than to clean up slides, etc since I don't have digital to speak of.   So guess I'm starting from scratch.  Is PS 13 the latest version?

Date: 08/09/15 11:52

Most recent I found

Date: 08/09/15 13:02
Author: TCnR

Changed to W7 and had to 'upgrade' from PSE 6 to PSE 12 and was completely lost, seemed like the useful stuff was gone. Eventually found the stuff I needed in the 'Expert' section, along with lots of new stuff that I don't use, lots of options for serious artsy stuff. Defaults had to be adjusted, sliders had to go from one end to the other, lots of set up that I was not aware of. Eventually made it work but there's lots of hunting to find what I need, lots of 'Undo' (which means you have to go from the workspace down to the lower corner, then go hunting again).

Was very happy with PSE6, but PSE is still a great product with very high standards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/15 13:07 by TCnR.

Date: 08/09/15 14:32

Thanks for that "heads up." I dig around in the Experts section, maybe i'll find the functionally I need.

John

Date: 08/10/15 18:33
Author: mojaveflyer

I've been through several versions of Photoshop Elements over the years. I'm currently using Elements 11. I see Elements 12 on Amazon.com for $80. That's a CD with the program so if there's a problem you can reload it yourself. Much cheaper than going with the newest version.

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 08/11/15 15:52
Author: RustyRayls

mojaveflyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been through several versions of Photoshop
> Elements over the years. I'm currently using
> Elements 11. I see Elements 12 on Amazon.com for
> $80. That's a CD with the program so if there's a
> problem you can reload it yourself. Much cheaper
> than going with the newest version.

PSE 13 can be had for $80 or less from a number of sources!

Date: 08/11/15 16:39

LarryDoyle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for that "heads up." I dig around in the
> Experts section, maybe i'll find the functionally
> I need.
>
> John

UPDATE:  I've found that the import to the new version did import all my Categories, Subcategories, and Keywords, but converted them all into Keywords, and I will have to manually reconstruct the heirarchy of the keywords directory.  I'm extremely disappointed in Adobe for doing this.

-John

Date: 08/12/15 12:52
Author: Frisco1522

I bought 13 on Amazon a month ago for $60.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0499 seconds