Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Railfan Technology > Something useful for drone operators...

Date: 09/18/15 15:50
Something useful for drone operators...
Author: Ray_Murphy

An Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems (AUVSI) tool regarding airspace in the US:

http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/air-space-map/

Date: 09/18/15 20:50
Re: Something useful for drone operators...
Author: wa4umr

Interesting.  I checked two locations where I recently saw a drone flying.  One was OK and the other was in a restricted space.  I don't fly them but it's interesting to know where they can and cannot fly.  I live about 35 miles from Ft. Knox and I noticed that the entire base seems to be restricted.  Ofcourse, flying over some of the ranges is asking for trouble.  They fly small target drones at some of them for target practice.  I'm sure some of those soldiers would kit a kick taking out a civilian drone.

John

Date: 09/19/15 19:09
Re: Something useful for drone operators...
Author: Ray_Murphy

If you click on the link in the first post and then move the map to the east coast, you will see a big red circle around Philadelphia.  Clicking on the circle will bring up a link to the FAA NOTAM (Notice to Airmen) FDC 5/3612.  Clicking on that link will give you the NOTAM iteslf.

If anyone ever thinks Joe Hobbyist with his GoPro drone is going to be able to make sense of NOTAMs like this, I have a bridge to sell them.

Ray

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0304 seconds