Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Railfan Technology > Please rate this drone?

Date: 11/05/15 15:15
Please rate this drone?
Author: cluallin47

I have the opportunity to purchase a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quad-copter.  Before I take the plunge, does anyone on Trainorders have any advice or feedback they would like to share regarding the Phantom 3?
Thanks,  Cliff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/15 15:16 by cluallin47.

Date: 11/06/15 09:35
Re: Please rate this drone?
Author: Auburn_Ed

The only comments I've heard are from the RC shop nearby.  They said (their opinion, not mine) that repairs were difficult since the whole unit often needed to be sent in and it took a long time to fix things.  I was shopping then, but didn't buy anything, preferring to watch the industry for awhile.

Ed

Date: 11/07/15 12:49
Author: CCMF

They are almost indestructible.  If you need to send it in for repair it is likely because you did it to yourself.

Learning curve is not steep at all for flying, camera work maybe a bit harder but not rocket science.

IMO they are good bang for the buck.

Bill Miller
Galt, ON

Date: 11/08/15 10:57
Author: johnacraft

cluallin47 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have the opportunity to purchase a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quad-copter.  Before I take the plunge,
> does anyone on Trainorders have any advice or feedback they would like to share regarding the Phantom 3?

You might want to read through https://www.reddit.com/r/djiphantom/

Advantage: all-in-one integrated package.

Disadvantage: there's no component upgrade path. If you want to upgrade e.g. the camera, you have to buy a new drone. But the 3A is a pretty capable beast, about the only thing it can't do that the 3P or a GoPro can is 4K 60FPS. If you're planning to shoot 1080P 30FPS it's fine.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0321 seconds