Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Railfan Technology > Photo enlargers

Date: 11/14/15 18:46
Photo enlargers
Author: Frisco1522

Is there still a market of any kind for photo enlargers?  I've been asked to see if there's still any interest in a Kodak 2-1/4 x 3-1/4 and also a 5x7.  They were used until recently and are in great shape.

Date: 11/14/15 22:12
Re: Photo enlargers
Author: wa4umr

A little, and I mean little.  I moved into a condo 4 years ago and had to sell my Beseler 23C Series-II that was in mint condition.  I even had a color head on it.  I think I got $50 or $100 out of it.  You can still buy them new but I don't suspect they sell too many.    Take a look at eBay and see what they are getting for them there.   I looked and the ones above $100 "buy it now" are not getting any bids.   I was in a photo shop earlier this week that sells mostly used equipment and I don't recall even seeing an enlarger.  I ask the guy if they had much of a market for film cameras.  He said occasionally someone will want one.  Mostly they have a $99 special for college students that need one for a class.  They buy them back at the end of the class.  Basically, he said they are renting them to the students.  You might find someone in the market that is willing to pay a decent price.  Good luck.

John

Date: 11/17/15 09:20
Author: Frisco1522

Thanks John.  Funny you should mention 2x3 Speed Graphic.  I may be getting one of those to try and sell.  Think it has a couple different backs, one being a roll film.  The lens/board fit right into the Kodak enlarger for use in it.   Good setup, but I have no interest in getting back into a darkroom.  Spent far too many hours standing in one printing and after they were dried not totally happy with them.
Digital scanning old negs and cleaning them in Photoshop is da bomb!   Sold my 2x3 and 5x7 many years ago along with all the other darkroom equipment.  Haven't regretted it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/15 09:21 by Frisco1522.

Date: 11/17/15 10:09
Author: SeaboardMan

Speaking of old: just bought a Contax Ikon with a Carl Zeiss Jena 58mm f2 lens for 15 bucks.  The lens was built between 1952-1953.  I assume the body was as well.  Unfortunately the timing on the body is kaput so I have no idea of the shutter speed, but my M42 to Sony NEX adapter is in a brown truck heading my way so I'll be playing with the lens.  Love digital!

John

Date: 11/21/15 20:46
Author: ChooChooDennis

Film is followed by a small but enthusiastic group of people. Not the numbers of yesteryear of course but still.
You can sell the enlarger I am sure.

Dennis Livesey
New York, NY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0553 seconds