Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Railfan Technology > lumia 940 smartphone

Date: 11/30/15 21:50
lumia 940 smartphone
Author: fbe

I went down to the local AT&T for a test drive with this newly released smartphone. It is the first device designed around Windows 10 phone software. With the faster Win 10 OS and a Snapdragon quad core processor past Windows phone users will find the 940/940xl to be quite speedy. The Edge browser seems to work well.

The screen resolution is high and the colors are rich. This could shine with 4k videos.

I have no financial interest in any of this but I thought I would pass along a good experience for anyone looking for a new phone or gets a Win 10 phone handed to them at work. It looks like it will be a better experience than the Win 8.1 phone has been.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/15 23:30 by fbe.

Date: 12/01/15 08:32
Re: lumia 940 smartphone
Author: radar

The problem with a Windows phone is the lack of apps for it.  It has such a small market share that developers don't bother with it.  If you don't want or need apps, then it is probably fine.

Date: 12/01/15 11:43
Re: lumia 940 smartphone
Author: fbe

I only have a couple of apps for my phone now but there are tens of thousands for Windows now.

One of the goals of Win 10 was to male it easier for app developers to crossover their Android and Apple apps to the Win 10 OS.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0238 seconds