Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Railfan Technology > Video Posting to TO

Date: 01/25/16 20:12
Video Posting to TO
Author: mearsksealand

I am displaying my lack of knowledge but I need an answer 

I am shooting video with a Canon T5i but my file size is to large for TO how do I reduce the file size or do I need to adjust my camera before shooting

Thanks for any input

Dale Smith

Date: 01/26/16 13:31
Re: Video Posting to TO
Author: train976

I use a program I downloaded called, appropriately for us train nuts, Handbrake.  I cut down all my files so they fit youtube or so I can e-mail/upload.
Give it a try.
Cheers
Glen

Date: 01/30/16 08:59
Re: Video Posting to TO
Author: cchan006

mearsksealand Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am displaying my lack of knowledge but I need an
> answer 
>
> I am shooting video with a Canon T5i but my file
> size is to large for TO how do I reduce the file
> size or do I need to adjust my camera before
> shooting
>
> Thanks for any input
>
> Dale Smith
>

In some ways, uploading video is a different animal than uploading photos. It's a good idea to run your photos through an image editor first before posting on TO, but not necessary. In my opinion, it's mandatory for uploading videos. If your video file is too large, it probably takes up too much bandwidth to be viewable by your audience.

Handbrake mentioned above is more a video filter than a video editor. Good tool, but if you plan on actually editing your videos, the format conversion/video resolution reduction is also done as part of your workflow, so no need for tools like Handbrake in that case.

Don't forget the 6 minute rule here on Trainorders. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds