Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Railfan Technology > need sony fdr-ax33 camcorder info

Date: 02/29/16 18:16
need sony fdr-ax33 camcorder info
Author: goneon66

i've been doing some research on the sony fdr-ax33 hd camcorder as i really like the image stabilization on it.

if anybody has used this camcorder i would appreciate any info you have about it..............

Date: 02/29/16 21:21
Re: need sony fdr-ax33 camcorder info
Author: norm1153

Actually it is a step up from hd:  It is Ultra 4K.  I no longer have it, but love the stabilization.  If you only need hi def, you can get the same stabilization system in the HDR-PJ670, at about $150 less than the current price of the HD FDR-33, as the FDR-33 was replaced by the FDR-53 this month. 

Stabilization is fantastic; nothing else comes even close.   Here is a video that I shot during one afternoon in Santa Clara, CA. It is entirely handheld:

http://www.westcoastspecial.com/SClaraAction.html

Date: 03/01/16 06:03

wow, that is one very impressive video, especially since it was "hand held."

i only need hd, but what exactly is 4k and what is the advantage of it?

thank you very much for the info about this camcorder..........

Date: 03/01/16 08:18
Author: norm1153

You need a TV that can  reprodujse 3860 x 2140 pixels. Otherwise you won't get any benefit.   A High Def TV produces 1920 x 1080 pixels.  The AX33 has a Hi Def mode, but I figure why spend the extra if you don't need it..  You might  compare lense size between the fdr033 and the fdr-674.  There could be a difference there which would show up in low light performance.  .

I figure these new camcorders just about put us amateurs on a ;par with professional videocameramen and shoulder mount cameras.  Almost.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/16 08:21 by norm1153.

Date: 03/01/16 10:00

i don't plan on using the camcorder with a t.v.  i just want to play the videos on my computer and post them here so i don't think i need that 4k option.  thanks again for your info..........

Date: 03/01/16 21:48
Author: radar

The big advantage of 4k is that you can capture high resolution stills from the video.  It makes the captures on par with, or at least closer to, what you could get if you were just shooting stills.  If your only interest is video, and you aren't worried about future-proofing your content to the next level, then HD is excellent.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0399 seconds