Home Open Account Help 400 users online

Railfan Technology > Corel VideoPro X8

Date: 03/14/16 09:24
Corel VideoPro X8
Author: JDRumley

B&H Photo is offering this software at $75 off and I am curious if anyone is using it for video editing/post processing. Is it  good, bad or mediocre. If not, what would be a better video software to look into.
Windows Movie maker was a reasonable program, but when my XP machine died, all those MS/Windows extras went away. Now if you want MS Word, Movie Maker, DVD player, etc... you have to buy/rent each one individually. Screw that!
Just looking for a good video program.
Thanks

Date: 03/15/16 12:35
Re: Corel VideoPro X8
Author: RNinRVR

​I used X8 for about a year and found it easy to use and did everything that I want an editor to accomplish. I recently upgraded to X9, which is probably why X8 is on sale.

Sharon Evans
Glen Allen, VA

Date: 03/18/16 09:50
Re: Corel VideoPro X8
Author: cchan006

JDRumley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Windows Movie maker was a reasonable program, but
> when my XP machine died, all those MS/Windows
> extras went away. Now if you want MS Word, Movie
> Maker, DVD player, etc... you have to buy/rent
> each one individually. Screw that!
> Just looking for a good video program.
> Thanks

I'm assuming you have Windows 10 now (no more free video editing), because MovieMaker is available FREE for download for Windows Vista, 7, and 8.x. Vista version resembles the XP version the most, so the learning curve isn't steep, but the user interface for version for Windows 7 and later is somewhat different, so there's a bit of a learning curve.

I'll reuse an adage here regarding Windows 10: "Nothing is more expensive than FREE."

Be sure to do some researching regarding Corel VideoPro X8's compatibility with Windows 10 before you commit to it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0311 seconds