Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Railfan Technology > DJI Osmo

Date: 04/10/16 19:05
DJI Osmo
Author: norm1153

Has anyone on TO purchased or used DJI's Osmo yet?

http://www.dji.com/product/osmo

If proven, it might be the best stabilizer solution for handheld video for rail-related interests. It also has a panoramic still function.

Date: 04/10/16 22:04
Re: DJI Osmo
Author: RyanWilkerson

That's pretty cool.

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 04/11/16 03:57
Author: kgmontreal

Really interesting.  But also a bit confusing.  The X3 seems to be about $600.  But I couldn't find a price for the X5 which would seem to be the model most suitable for our uses.

It also doesn't zoom.  It's essentially a fixed focal length 20mm (equivalent) lens.  That's far too wide angle for my tastes.  The X3 is essentially the DJI drome camera mounted on a handle.  If I already had a drone I might buy the handle alone for $270.  But as a stand-alone camera I don't think I'd want one.

KG

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/16 04:08 by kgmontreal.

Date: 04/14/16 19:19
Author: ChooChooDennis

There is a plethora of devices to offer stabilization for videomakers ranging in cost from a few bucks to tens of thousands.
Motorized gimbals like the Osmo have the advantage of being easier to learn then the non-motorized ones. But any tool does need a bit of practise.
If you need to change lenes, you can get motorized gimbals that can hold a DSLR like this one: ikan DS1 Beholder Gimbal  http://goo.gl/NgLDyY
These are specialized tools like extreme wide or tele lenses. That means you do not use them all the time. 
But when you do, wow!

Dennis Livesey
New York, NY

Date: 04/16/16 16:14
Author: norm1153

DJI's X5 is kind of a pricey camera.  The cheapest offer I saw was $1699 complete with the 3 axis gymbal.  It is a micro four-thirds camera, and comes without a lens.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0365 seconds