Railfan Technology > pentax cameras

Date: 05/03/16 06:28
pentax cameras
Author: Dilworth

anyone use pentax dslrs thanks

Date: 05/03/16 09:20
Re: pentax cameras
Author: K3HX

I've been using a Pentax D-20 with an 18-55mm lens.  Works fine.

Recently upgraded to a full-frame digital so the D-20 is for sale.

Send a PM if interested.

Be Well,

Tim Colbert  K3HX

Date: 05/08/16 22:39
Author: mojaveflyer

Paul, I used Pentax for year and went through several iterations of bodies, finally selling my K-10 and K-20 bodies and the lenses because of the quality of the images I was geting. I bought a starter Canon kit (T3i, 17 - 55mm and 55 - 250mm lenses) and noticed an immediate improvement in the images I was shooting. I tried Sigma, Tamron and Pentax lenses with no improvement... Good luck!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 05/16/16 22:25
Author: idontstairs

I have a k30, k5-II, and a k3.

Love mine. Build quality smashes entry level canon and nikon cameras. Pentax packs two or three times the features into their camera in a similar canikon price range.

The biggest knock by the canikon crowd is that both Canon and Nikon have about 1,000 total lenses available to use on their systems. Pentax has about 45 current production pentax brand lenses, lots of old legacy k mount film era lenses that work, but limited 3rd party lens support.

My answer to that criticism is you can only use one lens on your camera at a time and no one has 1,000 lenses for a canon or a nikon that isn't very rich or very mentally ill.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Picture is from the Texas State Railroad on 3-15-2016

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0432 seconds