Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Railfan Technology > Yaesu VX-170 issues

Date: 06/13/16 20:59
Yaesu VX-170 issues
Author: BobE

Folks, it's been so long since I used my scanner, I had to ask a friend with a similar machine how to get it to scan.  While it did, it scanned every channel, not just the ones I programmed in.  It was turned on in my luggage (TSA? or accidental) and lost the battery charge.  Have I lost the programming?  I may be able to find the box amidst my clutter, and it may contain a CD, Excel file, and a cable to connect with the computer (or so I hope, if indeed the programming was wiped out).

TIA,

BobE

Date: 06/13/16 21:55
Re: Yaesu VX-170 issues
Author: myjbh1989

Press the memory button (MR, bottom left corner). That will take it out of VFO and just scan your memories.

Date: 06/14/16 07:11
Author: TCnR

Have to admit the Yeasu keyboard baffles me, the RT Technology software makes the whole thing work. I've downloaded the Yeasu manual to my Netbook and have had to pull it out in mid-chase to figure out what button I hit and how to get me back into scan mode, it is usually as simple as described above but of course I've hit the most confusing sequence of keys in the mean time.

I've also learned where the 'HAM Outlet' chain of stores are and have had to divert to the store in Denver when I figured out the car power supply does not charge the battery, or similar. They also have the S/W kit and a few antennas. Also having the names of on-line stores helps out if your hotels accept packages. Good luck on your travels, good to hear you are out and about.

Date: 06/15/16 07:57
Author: BobE

myjbh1989 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Press the memory button (MR, bottom left corner).
> That will take it out of VFO and just scan your
> memories.
>  

Worked like a charm.  Thanks!!

BobE

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0417 seconds