Home Open Account Help 380 users online

Railfan Technology > What is wrong with my film scanner?

Date: 06/22/16 13:53
What is wrong with my film scanner?
Author: sig292

Can someone please advise. I am at a loss to explain the green streak in my slide scans. The scanner is a Espon V550 and it was working fine a few weeks ago when I last used it. Today I made a few scans and they all look like this!
Thanks!

Date: 06/22/16 14:13
Re: What is wrong with my film scanner?
Author: NDHolmes

Looks like either dead pixels in the imager or a calibration issue.  I've had similar things happen on earlier Epsons - make sure that scanning surface and the glass over the light source are free of smudges and dust, and then restart everything.  There's some sort of calibration it does out in the dead space at the end when scanning negatives, and if it's not perfectly clean weird things like this can happen.  Not sure how to trigger recalibration manually, but I know if you clean it, power everything off, and then bring it all back up that will usually reset it.

Alternately, it's part of the imager going bad. 

Date: 06/22/16 15:37
Author: sig292

Thanks for the info! I cleaned the glass surface and restarted everything and now it's working fine!

Date: 06/30/16 22:12
Author: railstiesballast

Great lensmanship too.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds