Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Railfan Technology > Good News! (For me, anyway)

Date: 07/18/16 17:01
Good News! (For me, anyway)
Author: railpix

Installed Win 10 over the weekend and it works!  Much to my surprise my Nikon scanner software works just fine on Win 10. I was really apprehensive about it working, since the program required some surgery when I moved it to Win 7 a few years back.  But everthing so far, so good!

Thank you, Lord (and Microsoft!),

Railpix

Date: 07/18/16 18:06
Re: Good News! (For me, anyway)
Author: fbe

Good news for all of us. Thanks for being the crash test dummy for those old Nikon scanners.

Did you install Win 10 over the Nikon software or did you do a clean install of Win 10 then add the Nikon software to that?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/18/16 19:39
Author: Railbaron

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good news for all of us. Thanks for being the crash test dummy for those old Nikon scanners. ...

Heck, if you had been waiting for a report on Nikon Coolscan scanners I could have covered that. I did the upgrade last year when Win 10 first came out. I don't use the Nikon software but instead use VueScan. Both scanner and software work fine.

I don't have many "extra" programs but what I do have all work fine, including my old Train Dispatcher and Track Builder programs.

Date: 07/18/16 21:14
Author: railpix

Well Alan;
I had heard here on Trainorders that Vuescan was the way to go.  Not knowing any better, I popped for Vuescan, installed it (it works just fine!) and exploring around today, found that Nikon scan was listerd down among all the new and old things on their "N" menu.

Duh!  Tried it, and behold!  It works just fine.

Chalk that one up to not searching far enough! 

Now trying to figure out a way to avoid explaining to my (better?) half where that $99.95 went!  Please don't tell!

Railpix

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds