Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Railfan Technology > Hasselblad H5D construction, testing.

Date: 08/29/16 19:14
Hasselblad H5D construction, testing.
Author: K3HX

On "The Science Channel," a segment on the construction and testing of the 50 megapixel camera.

Rebroadcast  30 August 2016 @ 0035 EDST.

The camera segment is the first one of the program.

Be Well,

Tim Colbert  K3HX

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/16 19:52 by K3HX.

Date: 08/29/16 20:42
Re: Hasselblad H5D construction, testing.
Author: wa4umr

I wonder what that's going to cost?  All you have to say is "Hasselblad" and you can see the $$$ drifting around.  A lot of them.  Then you have to put some glass on the front of it.  At least you don't have to buy the 120 or 220 film and the film backs.

Jhn

Date: 08/29/16 22:00
Author: GRNDMND

Just watched this, IIRC they stated $40K for the camera. I assume that is sans any glass up front. Chump change for some...

KC

Date: 09/02/16 20:26
Author: wa4umr

I looked for it at B&H.  They have free shipping on this.  That sure makes me want to buy one.

John

Date: 09/02/16 21:26
Author: fbe

Many or all of the Hasselblad glass has been designed and built by Fuji in Japan.  Fujinon lenses are well respected in the movie and television industries for their quality of design and construction for these commonly large lenses used for professional quality professional cameras.  I am sure the Hassey glass comes without any Fuji ID markings though they should show made in Japan rather than anywhere in Scandanavia.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0376 seconds