Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Railfan Technology > Powerslide 5000 scanner software

Date: 09/16/16 04:20
Powerslide 5000 scanner software
Author: frankgaron3

Hi There:

Would love to be able to use my Powerslide 5000 but I can't find software to make it work with Windows 10. The software that comes with the scanner doesn't work.

Help!

Thanks,

Frank

Date: 09/16/16 05:08
Re: Powerslide 5000 scanner software
Author: redneckrailfan

frankgaron3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi There:
>
> Would love to be able to use my Powerslide 5000
> but I can't find software to make it work with
> Windows 10. The software that comes with the
> scanner doesn't work.
>
> Help!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frank

have you checked the manufacturers website? A quick check on the Pacific Image Electronics website lists the PowerSlide 5000 as being compatible with Windows 10, it's possible they have updated the software which can be downloaded from the site. If no luck there, checkout www.hamrick.com and buy VueScan, it lists your scanner as one of the MANY that they support. It's pretty much the "go to" for scanner software when the manufacturer nolonger offers updates for new operating systems.

Bryan Jones
Brooks, KY
Bryan's Train Photos

Date: 09/19/16 10:21
Author: JUTower

I prefer Vuescan with this PowerImage 5000, so that may be worth the investment regardless of Windows 10.

Date: 09/22/16 11:41
Author: grahamline

Vuescan was an improvement over the native software for ly Minolta scanner, when Minolta dropped the product.  Also runs with my Canon flatbead and copier/scanner/printer. The lifetime license is worth the money.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds