Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Railfan Technology > Posting photos from Windows 10 smart phone

Date: 11/20/16 23:20
Posting photos from Windows 10 smart phone
Author: fbe

I seem to have been able to decode the secret to posting photos from a Windows 10 smart phone to Train Orders.

The first thing is to go to the Forum Options and select NO when asked if you want to use the mobile template for qualifying devices. This brings up an attach files option when you are composing a new thread. The photos are stored on the SD memory card on my Lumia phone. I was able to attach them to the TO thread from there. The images are taken from the phone's 20 mpix camera. TO does all the resizing for the posting of the jpg image.

The first photo is an image of the new Athearn SD45-2 in MRL's new red ball logo. Second is from a short bit of boat nerding while I was in Duluth in June.

This feature opens some new options to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/16 23:24 by fbe.

Date: 11/29/16 10:27
Re: Posting photos from Windows 10 smart phone
Author: howeld

It's been that way for several years (at least since I upgraded from a flip phone) but most people don't seem to realize it is possible.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/01/16 04:24
Author: navarch2

The RYERSON - the prettiest laker ever built....beautiful sheer line, nicely shaped houses.....from back in the day when those sorts of things mattered to shipowners...

If anyone ever took a set of drawings into many shipyards to bid on now -  that looked like the RYERSON - the first thing the yard would do is freak out over the sheer, then the shapes of the houses...turning it into so many cracker boxes....

I'm a holdout as a naval architect...I still try to make them look good...but even I have had to go along with the program at times ...:)

You should post that picture on boatnerd.com  - the Great Lakes ship foamer web site .

Bob

Date: 12/01/16 04:27
Author: navarch2

Ahhhh...wait.....you must already know about that site :)

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds