Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Railfan Technology > VHS to digital

Date: 12/23/16 11:04
VHS to digital
Author: ns2557

Over the years I have taken a few movies along with some I have bought from other fans. I have some Pentrax, etc also.  What my question is, what is the best way to transfer the VHS to a digital media, DVD/Thumb Drive etc. Any companies out there that do this rather inexpensively?  I want to get these done before the tapes go south.  Thanks for any ideas?   Ben

Date: 12/23/16 14:47
Re: VHS to digital
Author: norm1153

I did a "VHS to DVD" search on Google, and a whole page of companies who do that, came up.  That includes Walgreens, which advertises same day service.  You can explore costs on the individual websites using Google's links.

Date: 12/23/16 21:08
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

I used COSTCO, quick turnaround, excellent results.

Click for COSTCO link.

Date: 12/24/16 08:07
Author: RFandPFan

In did all mine myself using a converter.  Only drawback is storage required for huge files.  However, I saved some 25 year old tapes that started to deteriorate.

Date: 12/26/16 12:15
Author: rhitchco

Last winter I wanted to convert many family VHS tapes to DVD. Bought a Toshiba converter / player from BH Photo for aroind $200. Worked VERY well, no apparent loss in quality. Also now I have another DVD player and a VHS player. Instructions are complicated but in practice it works great.

Dick H.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds