Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Railfan Technology > System administrator

Date: 01/07/17 16:59
System administrator
Author: mundo

I am an individual, not business Window 7 trying to download Google Chrome and it will not do so, unless I am an system administrator.

Any idea's for  trick to get around this.

Date: 01/07/17 18:52
Re: System administrator
Author: BRAtkinson

I'm surprised you're not an administrator.  I'm guessing you are using someone elses' computer or one that somebody set up for you?

To rectify the situation, click the <Start> button, then <Control Panel>, then <User Accounts>.  If you are not shown as an administrator, then have whoever is listed on that screen that is an administrator logon to your computer and change your status to adminstrator.

If you already are an administrator, you may need to reboot your computer to get things 'straightened out'.  Like all computers in the past 50 years or so, including mainframes (my background), they need a regular rebooting to keep functioning properly.  This is especially true for getting windows updates.  One of my friends and his kids never rebooted their laptops...simply closed them putting them to sleep.  When they ran into trouble, they called me.   Each of them had well over 100 Windows updates to be applied as well as massive internet security and other software updates to be applied.

edit: It just dawned on me...close out Internet Explorer or whatever you are using for internet access.  Then, on the desktop, right click it and select 'run as administrator' (if offered).  That may do the trick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/17 18:54 by BRAtkinson.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0302 seconds