Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Railfan Technology > Does anyone use the new DJI Phantom 4 Pro?

Date: 02/06/17 17:22
Does anyone use the new DJI Phantom 4 Pro?
Author: msullivan1993

I have been using my Autel X-Star Premium drone for a while, it is similar in spec to the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced/Pro and has worked fine for getting started out.  It uses the same setup as most camera drones, using a 1/2.3" camera sensor, 12MP camera with a fixed f/2.8 aperture and the usual arrangement of exposure and ISO settings.  For daylight stuff it's fine, but low light it does not perform well at all (anything above 400 ISO gets too noisy for my liking), and with me upgrading to a full frame camera, the better sensor has vastly improved my photo quality.  The Phantom 4 is a little bit of a step up, but the release of the new Phantom 4 Pro has really made me want to do the switch.  The drone has a (slightly) longer battery life, full collision avoidance sensors all around, and looks similar to other DJI drones.. however, the camera looks to be vastly improved.  The camera on the 4 Pro features a new 1" CMOS sensor, mechanical shutter (vs rolling electronic on others), and adjustible aperture from f/2.8 to f/11, with a FOV similar to a 24mm lens.  It's quite a price jump, but if I do it I MIGHT sell my X-Star Premium to fund the upgrade (or I may hold on to it and try the new 1" CMOS camera that Autel is releasing this year, as well as the FLIR Duo setup for fire dpeartment use).. has anyone use the Phantom 4 Pro or knows anyone that has and can say if the new camera is truly worth it?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds