Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP in Ireland!!!!

Date: 09/18/05 15:47
UP in Ireland!!!!
Author: sp8192

I just returned from a week long trip to Ireland and England, and thought this was quite interesting. I found this Coors Beer ad on the side of LOTS of double decker busses moving around Dublin, Ireland. I would say they were at least on half of the busses, and for those who have never been, these double decker busses are plentiful. I see they blackened over the railroads on the autoracks. Anyone have any idea where this pic was taken??? It was quite a nice surprise to travel 4000 miles and still see some home soil UP action!

Date: 09/18/05 15:48
Re: UP in Ireland!!!!
Author: sp8192

A closeup of the 'one unit wonder' UP autorack train....

Date: 09/18/05 16:12
Author: espeeboy

okay...(WTF?!?)

A UP Autorack train with the Rockies as a backdrop means exactly what in regards to selling Coors Beer?!? Only connection I can make is that piss water Coors Light relates to yoUPee yellow locomotives?

"Coors reminds you to not drink and drive, well it's alright if you are an American hobo sitting in a brand new automobile inside a moving train's autorack."

Date: 09/18/05 17:27
Author: AC4400CWGEVO

Wait for the copyright team to find out... hehe =)

Ac4400cwgevo

Date: 09/18/05 17:57
Author: funnelfan

The photo seems to be made up. It looks like a shot from around Wendle, Neveda with the lake and mountains added in. I think the main reason they used this image is because of the large US flag on the side of the locomotive. Would it be possible to post a larger image of just the ad?

Ted Curphey
funnelfan@icehouse.net

Date: 09/18/05 18:22
UP in Ireland!!!!
Author: mc5725

I'll bet the people in the bus were scratching their heads about what you were taking a picture of. Neat find, though.

Date: 09/18/05 20:35
Author: Milw_E70

Maybe it has something to do with their latest advertising campaign with the steam powered "Silver Bullet" train?

Date: 09/19/05 09:53
Author: kevink

I was surprised to see the number of natives drinking Coors Light when I was in Ireland back in June. It's the trendy thing with the kids these days. Ten years ago, Budweiser was the hip drink. When the dads drink Guiness or Murphy's, the kids probably want to drink something else just to irritate him. Oh well, more Guiness for the rest of us! Of course, Murphy's ain't bad either...

Date: 09/19/05 10:48
Author: CPRR

kevink Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was surprised to see the number of natives
> drinking Coors Light when I was in Ireland back in
> June. It's the trendy thing with the kids these
> days. Ten years ago, Budweiser was the hip drink.
> When the dads drink Guiness or Murphy's, the kids
> probably want to drink something else just to
> irritate him. Oh well, more Guiness for the rest
> of us! Of course, Murphy's ain't bad either...

I totally agree!!!! There is NO comparison between Guiness and Coors.

Think about this one, remeber when Coors was illegal across the Mississippi? Now across the pond? Smokey and the Bandit would be different there.....

Date: 09/19/05 12:46
Author: M-420

The UP in Ireland...

Haven't those people suffered enough?

Brian E

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0939 seconds