Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Derail at Rochelle?

Date: 10/27/05 07:40
Derail at Rochelle?
Author: chtrains

Looking at web cam at rochelle just now and there appears to be trouble at the diamonds.

Manifest train stopped on UP main with last car on diamonds and crowds of people around it.

Is it derailed?

Am i on right board?

Chris
Scottish lurker

Date: 10/27/05 08:36
Re: Derail at Rochelle?
Author: CShaveRR

At this time it looks more like MofW cars to me.

But why stop on the diamonds?

Date: 10/27/05 08:37
Author: livesteamer

Something must be going on. Same train has been in view for the past 30 minutes or so. No other action.

Marty Harrison

Date: 10/27/05 09:19
Author: CShaveRR

I looked at the archived pictures, and in one of them a train was passing on the adjacent track while this thing was sitting there.

Just checked back now, and it's gone, and BNSF is running something over the diamonds.

Date: 10/27/05 09:20
Author: bnsfjth

The offending UP train has cleared up now and a BNSF stack train is going through. At least the last two visible cars on that UP train were of the MOW type.

-Justin
RapidsRail.com

Date: 10/27/05 09:34
Author: chtrains

chtrains Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looking at web cam at rochelle just now and there
> appears to be trouble at the diamonds.
>
> Manifest train stopped on UP main with last car on
> diamonds and crowds of people around it.
>
> Is it derailed?
>
> Am i on right board?
>
> Chris
> Scottish lurker

Have kept my eye on the cam and it has now been cleared.

I suspect that what happended was a seperation of the train, perhaps with a broken knuckle.

Looking back on the stored images the first evidence is at 9.08 local time when it can be glimpsed through a passing coal train. I first saw the train at around 9.40 with several people around the last boxcar

At around 10.50 a section of train appeared in front of the first boxcar and later appeared to connect on to it.

At 11.07 the train moved about two cars lengths towards the camera.

At about 11.10 an intermodal train arrived and as it passed through the manifest must have started in the same direction as at 11.15 both the intermodal and the manifest could be seen disappearing away from the camera.

I think this can be best explained by a broken coupling.

Since the diamond was cleared there has been a couple of BNSF intermodals.

chris

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0646 seconds