Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Gavitoa, CA

Date: 10/28/05 00:26
Gavitoa, CA
Author: NightCoast

Always seems like there's a great shot taken from the pier at Gaviota, CA. So, I thought I would grab a shot from the train just to see what it's like from the other side of the fence.

Enjoy.

Ax

Date: 10/28/05 00:26
Re: Gavitoa, CA

Another One.

Ax

Date: 10/28/05 00:27

...and another one.

Ax

Date: 10/28/05 03:43
Author: slasher

I like it. nice shot and a diferent view!

Date: 10/28/05 08:33
Author: djansson

When SP4449 and the Daylight train ran the return trip from the New Orleans World's Fair, they held a photo runby there. Incredible..!

Date: 10/28/05 10:09
Author: mapboy

And you can camp almost under the trestle (Gaviota State Beach). But most campsites are not very shaded and are very close to each other (no privacy). I recommend Refugio State Beach- we're going to camp there next summer. It's on the inside of a sharp curve, so trains slow down so you can get a better look and are visible from most any spot. Then they throttle up to accelerate upgrade in either direction- good sounds! Maybe not as photogenic as Gaviota, but when you camp at one state park you have free day access to others, so you could go over to Gaviota, El Capitan or Carpenteria for the day and some photography!

mapboy

Date: 10/28/05 13:52
Author: mp349

Here is a shot I took from the Pier last November. The hoist is for lauching boats. Here a couple of guys had just lifted their boat out of the water and put it on their trailer. The photos from this pier are pretty good but I think the best shot is like your third shot from up on top by the road. I'll post some more later.

Sure enjoyed the #11 over Tehachapi Loop last Sunday!!!!!!!

mp349

Date: 10/28/05 16:06
Not El Capitan.
Author: metrolinkvalleysub

El Capitan sucks. Fences as well as poorly placed trees ruin it.

Date: 10/28/05 18:17
Author: wlj619

I like the "vista" by the old highway bridge a few miles South.

wlj

Date: 10/28/05 18:30
Author: Trainworm

there is a little scenic view pulloff on 101 about a mile or so south that i like to stop at. there is a trail there you can use to walk down to the beach. I have gotten a few pretty good pictures there.

Date: 10/28/05 18:31

from the beach

Date: 10/28/05 18:31

at sunset.

Date: 10/29/05 08:44
Author: africansteam

Trainworm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> there is a little scenic view pulloff on 101 about
> a mile or so south that i like to stop at. there
> is a trail there you can use to walk down to the
> beach. I have gotten a few pretty good pictures
> there.

Neat photo, Trainworm.

Africansteam

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0486 seconds