Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > thursday evening at santa clara

Date: 12/22/01 08:28
thursday evening at santa clara
Author: bobgh

We are headed to Bakersfield today and on to San Diego tomorrow. Looks like there is some traffic over Tehachapi today. Hope there is some tomorrow, or on Cajon. We will return the same way before New Year.

Anyway, I was at Santa Clara from about 6 to 7 pm Thursday evening. I saw a good sized (50 cars?) rock train go north up the Cal Train line and an even longer string of empty TOFCs come south a bit later. My first reaction was that these were pre-holiday moves, but I wonder if the rock is part of the four project?

bobgh

Date: 12/22/01 16:24
Trains at Santa Clara
Author: djansson

Nope, that was the nightly rock move up to the Port of Redwood City for Harbor ReadyMix. The empty TOFC cars are a normal move too, formerly called the OALBT (Oakland / Long Beach trailers) by the SP. God only knows what the UP calls it. They're only a few of the trains that pass here every day.

Too bad you weren't there on Tuesday evening or all day Saturday when the museum and RR club are open!

Dave Jansson

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.022 seconds