Home Open Account Help 268 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SP caboose marker ?

Date: 02/08/06 18:03
SP caboose marker ?
Author: rnb3

Does anybody out there know if the marker light on SP cabeese was a "flasher" or a "steady burner"? I'm interested in the single light mounted above the end doors during the early to mid 80s.

Thanks for any help.

Rick Bacon 3
Denver, CO

Date: 02/08/06 18:05
Re: SP caboose marker ?
Author: tracktime

Hi Rick,

Steady. All the caboose markers I've ever recalled were steady, not flashing like some lame looking ETD. <grin>

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 02/08/06 18:12

Harry, do you have TO beamed straight into your head? I couldn't have gotten a faster answer if I had called you! Thanks for the info! Hopefully soon, I'll have a couple pix of the SP c-40-4r caboose I'm building! Got to have something to follow those 45Ts around!

Later,

Rick Bacon 3
Denver, CO

Date: 02/08/06 18:15
Author: tracktime

LOL!!

Well, just send pix when ya got that caboose rollin! What is your starting point for that C40-4r?

Coolness.

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 02/08/06 18:23

The good old Athearn blue box bay window! Windows plated, roof walk gone, fuel tank removed, new battery box, wire grabs, working markers (function only decoder, allows the markers to be changed or turned off), full underbody detail with correct cushion couplers and Moloco see through steps and platforms, and screens on the bay windows. Plus some paint, decals, odds and ends, wheels....

I'm pushing to have it done by the end of this month. Most of the work is done. only the underframe and platforms are left to build.

Rick Bacon 3

Date: 02/08/06 19:09
Author: mojaveflyer

SP's cabooses originally had a red and green light side by side on the roof. The red one marked the rear of the train, the green light was used to indicate it was safe to pass when the caboose (and train) were being passed by another train.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds