Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Nice SD-40, SD-9, SD-9, GP-38 Lashup on "The MadisonTur

Date: 05/03/06 08:32
Nice SD-40, SD-9, SD-9, GP-38 Lashup on "The MadisonTur
Author: Mautner

Hello, I thought everyone interested in Old School EMD power would be interested in seeing the lash-up BNSF is running around St. Louis on "The Madison Turn" job. This BNSF job is a daily transfer run between BNSF Lindenwood yard in West St. Louis MO to The TRRA Madison Yard in Madison ILL and return.This train usually features old school power, but not always leading the train. Yesterday the train had an incredible lash-up of SD-40 #6313 leading SD-9 #6106 & #6184 and GP-38 #2201,all in original paint. I have attached four images of this train in action on its eastbound run.First three shots are taken at St. Clair Ave. in Brooklyn ILL, showing a roster shot of the trailing SD-9 #6106. The final shot is a mile down the road as the train approaches the eastend of Madison Yard at "CP" junction. To me this is a really cool power set and I thought I would share. Take Care and Thanks for looking.
Mike in St. Louis

Date: 05/03/06 08:34
Re: Nice SD-40, SD-9, SD-9, GP-38 Lashup on "The Madiso
Author: SCL1517

Wow! I LIKE it. Thanks very much for posting those.

Date: 05/03/06 12:06
Re: Nice SD-40, SD-9, SD-9, GP-38 Lashup on "The Madiso
Author: Q-GP30

Mike,

Nice Pics! I wondered where that 6313 went to, we had it bouncing around on the Des Moines-West Quincy train for a few days awhile back. Hope they take care of that 6184, thats my favorite BN SD9.

Regards
Q-GP30

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0393 seconds