Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Live Steam

Date: 10/20/06 23:28
Live Steam
Author: uprrman156

If anyone lives near or around the Sacramento area and want to come see our Fall Meet at Sacramento Valley Live Steamers. We will be giving rides 12 to 4 both Sat and Sun. So far there is a GS-4 Daylight steam engine with 8 Daylight passenger cars. For the diesel fans one member has brought out his 2 GE -9's.
Come have a ride!!!!!!!!
http://www.svls.org
for info and how to get to our track

uprrman156

Date: 10/21/06 07:59
Re: Live Steam
Author: rdcalldude

Just went to your website. Sure wish I lived in the area. Looks like alot of fun. Question. How do you build a live steam loco? Are there kits available? Or do you machine the parts yourself based on blueprints? What is the cost to build something like a
4-8-4 or a Shay. Looks like alot of detail. Really envy someone with the talent to do that.

Date: 10/23/06 14:48
Re: Live Steam
Author: CPRR

I am a club member at LA live Steam. There are several ways of building a live steamer. One, be good at machining stuff at home, with all of the equipment and time. 2. Wait for a live steam person to die, and purchase the stuff that the relatives do not want. 3: Go to www.discoverlivesteam.com and look in the for sale section. There are several steamers for sale, and in different gauges (scales). I got one of my loco's off of ebay (look under live steam-other scales), and one off of the above mentioned website. Go to a local club if you have one, and ask if anyone has equipment for sale or knows on any one selling.

A great hobby.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds