Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Today in Fremont, Niles Jct. and Mowry

Date: 10/22/06 18:15
Today in Fremont, Niles Jct. and Mowry
Author: kodachrome9319

Well, today me, SP9392, and our friend Travis, with my mom and brother headed out to Niles Junction. Once we got there a short mixed freight was there as we stepped out of the van. I wasn't able to get shots of the mixed freight, because I wasnt prepared for the shot. SP9392 has more photos. The consist was as follows:

Lead: UP3165
Second: UP3181
3rd: ex-SP 8310, now GECX8310 (SD40T-2)

After the mixed freight passed, the day was very optimistic. While inside the junction, a good heads up by the mom and brother, lead us to find a light power move, consisting of:

Lead: ex-DRGW 3101, UP1448
Second: UP589

Once the light power move passed, we decided to head out of the junction, because there wasn't much action. Due to the great directions of SP9392, we made it to the end of Mowry Ave. We waited a few minutes, and then found out that the local switcher at the Newark Yard was making cuts. We headed to the crossing to catch the switcher pulling out tankers. The switcher was a UP GP38-2, long hood forward, #1035.

After the switcher finished it's duties, the AMTRAK Capitol (I dont know what number) passed through at a high speed.

Pic 1: Eugene and Travis at the junction, waiting for the next train.

Pic 2 and 3: Light power move.

Steven W.
MP 18.9 Coast Sub

Date: 10/22/06 18:33
Re: Today in Fremont, Niles Jct. and Mowry
Author: kodachrome9319

Pic 1: UP1035.

Pic 2: Amtrak California

Pic 3: Travis and Eugene think of where to relocate next, while my mom continplates on where not to take us next. That would be the last shot of the day.

Steven W.
MP 18.9 Coast Sub

Eugene, post pics below, when you get a chance.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0829 seconds