Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Rathdrum, ID sensless pedestrian fatality

Date: 02/01/07 12:03
Rathdrum, ID sensless pedestrian fatality
Author: fbe

Word from Spokane is a bar patron and his friend were hanging around the activated crossing gates at Rathdrum playing chicken with a moving train, "just like in the video games," according to one. This time the train survived and the pedestrian is dead.

Date: 02/01/07 12:23
Re: Rathdrum, ID sensless pedestrian fatality
Author: roberthedgecock

Tilt Game over You lose A successful Darwin award winner

Date: 02/01/07 12:32
Author: hepkema

Video Game Mentality: You die--Two seconds later, the game starts again. "Death" isn't supposed to be permanant, much less hurt on the way out.

I wonder if 1-800-THE-LAWYER has been dialed yet? Somebody still alive must be to blame.

rh
SPO

Date: 02/01/07 13:10
Author: K3HX

Non compos mentis.

Be Well,

Tim Colbert K3HX

Date: 02/01/07 13:49
Author: roberthedgecock

hepkema Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Video Game Mentality: You die--Two seconds later,
> the game starts again. "Death" isn't supposed to
> be permanant, much less hurt on the way out.
>
> I wonder if 1-800-THE-LAWYER has been dialed yet?
> Somebody still alive must be to blame.
>
> rh
> SPO
Lets see with the legal system we have in this country It has to be the railroads fault they have deep pockets Certainly personal responsibility has no place in such a legal system

Date: 02/01/07 19:09
Author: Lackawanna484

Idaho isn't a good place to be suing railroads, if my memory is correct. It's one of the few places where the tort system actually works reasonably well.

The railroad might even be able to collect some damages from the victim's estate, assuming he had anything to attach.

Date: 02/02/07 18:31
Author: navarch1

I'm guessing that in a place with a name like Rathdrum, Idaho...this may be the major form of entertainment.

Yes, don't worry. Some enterprising lawyer will find something in there to sue for. The possibilities are pretty endless. The bartender for serving the guy, the bar for being negigent in hiring the defective bartender and for not having an approved bartender training program, the friend for negligence in not stopping him, the manufactuer of whatever he had to drink, the manufactuer of the glass it was poured into, the manufacturer of the bottle the booze was in, the bottle cap manufacturer, the maker of the bar stools, the maker of the bar, the label supplier for the booze bottle, the sign maker for the bar, the contractor who built the bar, the electric company whose power allowed the bar to be lit, and as a result attracted the "victim", the manufacturer of the car he may have driven there in, the crossing protection manufacturer, the maker of the rails and ties, the railroad, the maker of the locomotives, the engineer, the conductor, the dispatcher, the ballast quarry...did I miss anyone?

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds