Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > P&W Bailey Branch (Dawson)

Date: 06/07/07 18:13
P&W Bailey Branch (Dawson)
Author: Yardmaster

A few photos I took today at Dawson. Quite possibly the last time cars are spotted at Hull-Oakes.

YM

Date: 06/07/07 18:14
Re: P&W Bailey Branch (Dawson)

Date: 06/07/07 18:15

Date: 06/07/07 19:03
Author: SD9E

Of all my experiences in railroading, probably the most memorable are those learning the ropes under Scott and Gary on the long trip to Dawson. The whiskers that both have and the wealth of knowledge about the Bailey Branch was amazing. The things I learned with them were really passed down tradition. Both taught me many time saving and safe tricks of the trade in train handling, and really how to set yourself up for work.

Thanks for the post to Yardmaster and Roustabout. I only wish I was home in the Northwest again.

SD9E

Date: 06/07/07 20:54
Author: upbuddyboy

thanks for the interesting and good photos of this operation

Date: 06/07/07 21:35
Author: TonyJ

Amen to the comenets about Scott and Gary. I remember one time in 1993 when riding with Scott in the cab of SD9E SP4407, I was taking videos when I was brushed in the side by a nearby small tree. From my reaction Scott said, "well, now you know why this is called a branch line!" - Tony J,

Date: 06/08/07 09:23
Author: missedcall

Are these jobs remote controlled ?? It sure looks like it from these photo's.

Date: 06/08/07 20:53
Author: missedcall

Yikes, It does need some trackwork. Do you know any of the P and W trainmen. We recently had a couple of engineers from west colton go to work on the P and W.

Date: 06/09/07 06:42
Author: SD9E

As far back as I can remember, the track has always looked bad, especially in the SP days!

Hmm... Kinda reminds me of the Willamina too. It seems for a period of time there was a derailment up there at least once or twice a week.

It goes back to what the company should have been named:
"Willamette Rock Island & Pacific," or
"Willamette, Milwaukie, St. Paul & Pacific"

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0425 seconds