Home Open Account Help 259 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tehachapi Loop road and access question

Date: 07/01/02 12:21
Tehachapi Loop road and access question
Author: puckeringswine

A friend of mine is moving with a UHaul truck and will be passing trough the loop area. I remember the road from Keene is fairly narrow and winding Is it possible to turn around a large rental truck at the loop overlook? any help or thoughts would be great!

Date: 07/01/02 12:39
Re: Tehachapi Loop road and access question
Author: brian

Might be pretty hard at the top of the overlook, but if you keep traveling for a few miles the road widens out/levels off and there are plenty of driveways to turn around in. Once youve gone that far you might as well travel a couple more miles and have lunch in the town of Tehachapi. The road will take you there.

Brian

Date: 07/01/02 13:02
Author: trainjunky

Woodford-Tehachapi Road is tore up right now. They are laying a cable down one side of it. They're right at the monument right now so its one lane with a flagman. I'll check it out on my way to the PO and post an update.

Dave Burton

Date: 07/01/02 13:02
Author: jimlundquist55

I've seen some farly large motorhomes in the lop area.

Date: 07/01/02 16:54
Author: puckeringswine

All good info. thanks guys

Date: 07/01/02 19:32
Author: Big John

If he isn't used to driving a rig that size, he can drive by and get a good view from the road and the freeway and then stop at Woodford. the immediate vicinity of the loop can be tight for a less experienced driver. Get good watching and easy parking at Caliente and Bealville too.

Date: 07/01/02 19:42
Author: hawkeye

About 7 years ago I had my uncle drive his big 18 wheeled furniture moving truck up to the loop. I told him that there was plenty of turn around space at the top...I really wasn't sure but wanted to see the loop. It was tight all the way up as I remember the road being curvy and some trees overhanging the road. We were able to turn it around but I was sweating bullets all the way up.

Date: 07/01/02 22:50
Author: JohnSweetser

Some of the replies on this thread are confusing the issue by discussing access to the railroad right of way at the Loop, not the Loop overlook (where the historical marker is) that puckeringswine was inquiring about.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds