Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > An observation on the utimate Cajon DVD

Date: 12/16/07 10:37
An observation on the utimate Cajon DVD
Author: tx_trainman_43

I am STILL trying to get thru the four DVD set from Pentrex on the Cajon DVD and saw some interesting ( to me ) intermodal. Since I was under the assumption that the "Hub Group" was BNSF related, WHY does one see so many of there domestic containers on U.P stack trains? Surely UP cant be providing better (faster) service.......

Date: 12/16/07 12:36
Re: An observation on the utimate Cajon DVD
Author: gp60m143

Hub Group uses both UP and BNSF. There are several factors at play including rates, available empty equipment, OD pair, and customer preference that influence how the Hub people set up the traffic.

Date: 12/16/07 14:52
Re: An observation on the utimate Cajon DVD
Author: gmojim

Hub Group is a completely separate company. They use all the US railroads. The Hub Group company owned red containers only run on BNSF and NS as they have special contracts for this service with the 2 railroads. BNSF has just about closed down their old NACS pool which had HUBU Hub Group containers that were part of the NACS container pool. BNSF will not be providing any intermodal equipment to customers. The customers will have to run their own equipment.

Hub Group has been assigned a group of EMP pool containers for their exclusive use, These EMP containers which have Hub Group decals run on UP and NS only just as the EMP regular pool operates.

gmojim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds