Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A big thank you

Date: 03/12/08 13:56
A big thank you
Author: 86235

to everyone who provided me with advice on our recent KCS-bash. I've just got home this evening after enduring a full day at work following the overnight flight from Houston.

Now who knew that I wanted snow and sunshine together? Well whoever it was, thanks, the KCS looked marvellous in it.

And words can't express how I felt when the A&M produced a quartet on C420s on Saturday, they looked like they had just come off the production line at Schenectady. I'm processing the photos now. Heaven knows how long it will take, there are, as you might imagine quite a few.

Thanks.

Date: 03/12/08 14:03
Re: A big thank you
Author: toledopatch

I'm glad you did well. Getting good "winter" scenery on the KCS and the A&M is not an easy thing to do. How were the road conditions?

Date: 03/12/08 23:38
Re: A big thank you
Author: 86235

The roads were pretty good considering (if that had happened here it would have plunged the country into chaos). The drive from Houston to Texarkana on Thursday afternoon through the heavy rain which preceded the snow was probably more nerve wracking. On Rich Mountain, where over 12 inches had fallen, the roads had been cleared.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0291 seconds