Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Oregon Trunk Thursday

Date: 04/04/08 12:17
Oregon Trunk Thursday
Author: cascade463

I spent the day yesterday along BNSF's Oregon Trunk Sub in search of UP re-routes and have a few pictures to share, all taken in the Deschutes River Canyon. I would have taken more pictures, but I was also shooting video. I'll try to post some clips later, but it takes a long time out here in the land of dial up.

Anyone know the symbol for the BNSF 7726 south? I'd like to include it for my photo record. I also caught the BNSF 7764 North, but it is only on video.

Thanks in advance!

Cascade 463

1. BNSF 7726 South waits at Cambrai (Maupin)for a UP Z train.
2. UP 5334 South winds along the Deschutes River between Oakbrook and Maupin.
3. UP 5334 South crosses a trestle at the same location.

Date: 04/04/08 13:05
Re: Oregon Trunk Thursday
Author: Indecline

Did the southbound have DPU's? If they are on the rear of the train, it's normally the H-EVEBAR, if they are about 2/3 of the way back, then it is normally the H-PASBAR. Note, there are exceptions as I did see a monster H-EVEBAR the other day from my office in Hood River that had DPU's 2/3 of the way back.

Date: 04/04/08 13:19
Author: funnelfan

hmm, it seems like every time I've seen the "Heavy Bar" go through Centralia late at night, it has DPU's.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 04/04/08 13:23
Author: DaveL

The 7726 was on an H-PASRRV.....it was by Keddie, CA about 10:00am today.
I believe only 3 units, no DPU.

DaveL......PASRRV = Pasco, WA to Riverbank, CA

Date: 04/04/08 13:43

That would be a PASRRB then.

Date: 04/04/08 13:46

funnelfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hmm, it seems like every time I've seen the "Heavy
> Bar" go through Centralia late at night, it has
> DPU's.

The EVEBAR and PASBAR almost always are DPU'd. The question is where are they located. Most of the time the EVEBAR sets them up on the rear of the train. Most of the time, the PASBAR DPU's are 2/3 of the way back.

Date: 04/04/08 17:31
Author: cascade463

Thanks for the info! The BNSF 7726 South had no DPUs, just three units on the point. The 7764 north (not pictured) had four units on the point and one DPU on the rear. Quite a few grain cars in the consist.

Thanks again!

Cascade463

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0497 seconds