Home Open Account Help 251 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Harbor Sub Trivia (if anyone cares anymore)

Date: 04/28/08 18:43
BNSF Harbor Sub Trivia (if anyone cares anymore)
Author: CimaScrambler

On the way home this evening through El Segundo (Californy, if you have to know), I found the new underpass under the Harbor Sub for Douglass Street is open. I have been hoping that the pedestrian walkways beside the road through the new underpass might offer a new perspective for photos of the 711 job. However they have installed so much fencing (including a bunch of six and eight foot high chain link with barb wire strung along the top) it doesn't look like much. The "railing" along side the walkways themselves (which are elevated above the roadway by six feet or so) are also very heavy fencing: vertical bars set on six-inch centers, so it seems. Oh well.

- Kit

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

Date: 04/28/08 20:53
Re: BNSF Harbor Sub Trivia (if anyone cares anymore)
Author: jjacob

Hi Kit,

The first view is looking south, the second from the north. As you mentioned there are really no new views.

Jerry

Date: 04/28/08 22:15
Re: BNSF Harbor Sub Trivia (if anyone cares anymore)
Author: trainjunkie

Thanks for the update Kit. I too was hoping there would be a new view here since this is about 3 minutes from my house. Too bad...more ugly urban southland clutter. Oh well.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.026 seconds