Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Hanging out in Point Richmond Ca. - 2003

Date: 05/31/08 23:37
Hanging out in Point Richmond Ca. - 2003
Author: danf

This was recorded in old town Point Richmond, right outside the BNSF yard in April 2003. This little stretch of track was once the spur that ran out to the rail ferry (for San Francisco). In later years it's been used as an escape track for the nearby yard as there are no customers on this track. You will see how impatient some people get when the train sits at the crossing too long - at least three jackass stunts are pulled right in front of my camera. See if you can spot the wigwag in this video... http://www.trainorders.com//avshare/thumbnails//2544-medium.jpg

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/01/08 12:44
Re: Hanging out in Point Richmond Ca. - 2003
Author: busdriver

Those wigwags are great. There were some folks ready to take risks that day :-)

bryce

Date: 06/01/08 14:40
Author: AaronUPRR

The people climbing over the train with there bikes in my book are idiots. Just seeing the clip scared the hell out of me. I wonder what they would have done if the train jolted like they often do when there starting to move?

Date: 06/06/08 09:52
Author: samreeves

Future Point Richmond railroad hamburger! :-)

Aside from that, the wig-wags were great. Thanks Dan.

Date: 06/12/08 10:10
Author: JCW

worked there from June '77 to November '86,as yard switchman and then as engineer. Back then there was no freeway and Cutting Blvd was grade crossing. There was many a time I got stopped with engine on crossing. Needless to say, kept my window closed and did not look at any of the motorists/pedestrians for fear of confrontation. Bad enough having to listen to horn honking reminiscent of mid-town Manhatten at noon. Glad to see the Pt. Rich. wigwags still working in '03.
TTFN,
JCW

Date: 10/29/09 16:19
Author: steelwhls4evr

Not only is it illegal to cross over railcars (trespassing), if that train had moved while that idiot was on it he would of lost his balance and ended up under the train and DEAD! I don't understand people's stupidity. No conception of what danger they were in doing that. Anyhow it was nice to see the wigwag as there are few left in this world I guess. Thanks for the post.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0301 seconds