Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Heads Up Kansas City... Circus train inbound

Date: 09/09/08 07:39
Heads Up Kansas City... Circus train inbound
Author: Lee_in_KC

Just heard the BNSF Fort Scott Sub DS tell a train currently at Hillsdale he had to hold him for the northbound circus train, which would mean the circus train is currently south of Paola, KS, headed towards KC.

Date: 09/09/08 09:07
Re: Heads Up Kansas City... Circus train inbound

Northbound circus train through Olathe on the Fort Scott Sub at 11:05.

Date: 09/09/08 10:12
Author: burlingtonjohn

Routing?

Transcon east or the BNSF Brookfield sub?

Regards,
Burlington John

Date: 09/09/08 11:44

It's stopping in KC for a performance. Don't know where it goes from here or when.

Date: 09/09/08 15:41
Author: sp8192

Going back to my thread that I posted a couple days ago, does anyone know how they will get the animals from the train to the Sprint Center?? It's gonna be a little trickier not having the railroad beside the arena, like they have had in the past with Kemper Arena.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,1753308

Date: 09/09/08 17:25
Author: billnict

I don't know how they will do it in KC but I can tell you what they do when the RBBB circus comes to the Kansas Coliseum just north of Wichita; they have a circus parade! The train is parked in a siding in Valley Center, which is on the BNSF Ark City sub and is over 3 miles away from the venue. They unload all the animals, props, etc., close the roads down to traffic, and then walk the big animals the entire way. It is usually very well attended by area kids, families, and most importantly, the local news media which typically make a big deal about it since it's not something you see very often.

Cheers,
Bill

Date: 09/09/08 18:18
Author: SVTS

The only problem with such a parade in KC is the 2-3% (or greater) grade up the 12th Street Viaduct!

Chris Bogley
Bowie, MD

Date: 09/10/08 07:14
Author: HJebone

Thanks for the info. Wonder if they will still park the equipment down next to Kemper, or elsewhere?

HJebone KCMO

Date: 09/11/08 05:46
Author: amtrak34east

The equipment is parked down in the bottoms by the Kemper Arena, as seen last night.
Drew Mitchem
Festus,MO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0507 seconds