Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > MRL: Busy this weekend? FBE?

Date: 10/09/02 09:06
MRL: Busy this weekend? FBE?
Author: tolland

I'm contemplating driving to Missoula this weekend, take a long weekend and catch a glimpse of SP&S 700 running the steam special over MRL. I assume that the ports opening up will have the effect of a log-jam breaking loose for container traffic and the MRL will probably see a good share of that stack traffic. FBE, Ted and others who know the MRL, do you think MRL will have considerable increase in eastbound container traffic? Thanks for your comments.

Best regards,
Jim Burrill
Loveland, Colorado

Date: 10/09/02 09:47
Re: MRL: Busy this weekend? FBE?
Author: monaddave

The usual suspect eastbounds are the only trains on the line up at this time. However, the westbound grain trains are starting to move again. Could be a busy one.
Dave in Missoula

Date: 10/09/02 13:23
Author: fbe

Friday & Saturday newspaper weather forecasts are great with a nice morning chill for the steamer. Fall colors along the Lower Clark Fork should be at peak on Fri, Sat or Sun.....bring lots of film.......

Date: 10/09/02 13:44
Author: cdub

Boy, I envy all you guys who are going to be in Montana this weekend for either the SP&S 700, Alta-Mont, or both. I look forward to seeing pictures from up there next week.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0361 seconds