Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > one from the Joint Line . .

Date: 08/15/09 17:15
one from the Joint Line . .
Author: 3rdswitch

. . while looking for new spots around town I noticed this bridge a couple of miles north of Palmer Lake where the southbound main crossed overhead with the northbound main passing a little beyond and wondered if my point and shoot would be able to stop a northbound train through it in time since unlike the southbounds which are literally crawling overhead northbounds are making track speed. Just a while ago a convenient train in good afternoon light showed and I gave it a try.
JB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/09 17:16 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 08/15/09 21:00
Re: one from the Joint Line . .
Author: RyanWilkerson

I think you found a good spot JB. Now are you going to invest some time to take out that dead shrub to clear up the view? You got all the time in the world now, right?! ;-)

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 08/16/09 06:05
Re: one from the Joint Line . .
Author: CimaScrambler

Dad likes that one! There is another one of those great stone culverts at the south end of the Sag I'd like to spend more time with myself. The only time I tried it was the middle of the winter last year and I didn't want to get wet when it was below freezing outside. Or is this the same place?

Image posted a while back: http://www.trainorders.com/images2/view.php?253752

Keep showing us those good spots as you explore them - it's making me want to get in the car.

- Kit

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/09 06:10 by CimaScrambler.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0292 seconds